A couple of quick fixes today following the last week’s update.
Update notes 1.6.2:
– Option for choosing between heroes to transfer to the next shard not working correctly.
– Incorrect turn count for friendly units upon clicking on enemies outside their attack range.
Important note: those of you who experienced graphical glitches after the previous 1.6.1 update, can try to rollback to 1.6.0 version using the beta branch in Steam (called “eadorbeta”). Please let us know if those problems disappear or still stay in place after doing so.Leave comment
New beta update 1.055 is now available. To try it out you’ll need to choose ‘Caribbean!’ in your Games library, click on ‘Properties’, go to ‘Betas’ tab, and then select ‘Public beta’. After this Steam should update your game.
– Added light sources for ships’ lower decks on boarding locations.
– Contextual menu for giving orders to the player’s governors. The menu appears upon clicking RMB on a party or a town on the global map:
When you right-click on one of your towns, you’ll be able to select one of your governors to rule the selected town. Currently ruling governor won’t be shown in the list. It’s also possible to assign your character as that town’s governor.
When you click on an enemy town, you’ll be able to give an attack order to one of your governors, or all your governors at once.
When your governor receives an attack order, he won’t be distracted by any other events happening nearby, including pursuits of superior enemy troops.
When you right-lick on enemy troops, you’ll also be able to assign an attack order to one of your governors. In that case, both enemy army and your governor’s army should be within player’s sight. If there are no allied governors in sight, you’ll see the standard contextual menu.
– Ship of the Line’s cannons could damage the ship itself.
– Changes in relationships with factions after naval battles.
– Incorrect banners for allied governors’ troops.
– Renaming of the player’s governors.
– Added artillery and destruction system for land sieges.
– Added ability to give attack orders through dialogues with governors.
– Sound files were recoded into different format.Leave comment
Small update today, but with at least one pleasant fix for many, we hope.
Update notes 1.6.1:
– Application’s process still working in background after closing the game.
– Game freeze caused by choosing quick combat option with no limits during tactical combat.
– Text errors in French localization.Leave comment
The latest update, that introduced new naval sieges and initial governor system, is now released from the beta and available for everyone.
In case you didn’t have a chance to see how sea assaults currently work, we made a quick introductory video to them. Check out the new video devblog:
We should note that you can consider the current version of naval sieges as the first one, as we’re going to further improve them based on your feedback. Other than that, enjoy the update!
Update notes 1.054:
– HP indicator for ships during naval sieges.
– Link for the game’s guide in launcher.
– Shots and fire effects in naval sieges.
– Changed probability of fires on ships during naval sieges.
– Changed dialogue for lending captured towns between player’s governors.
– Player’s governors lacking their army.Leave comment
The main addition in today’s update is the ability to transfer progress of one of your heroes, as well as selected items and units, to the next shard.
Now, after you conquer a shard, the game shows a new menu, where at the expense of the astral energy you can choose whom and what you would like to take with you on. Units and items can be exchanged between your heroes, but remember: everything has a price, and most likely something will have to stay behind.
As you can guess, this feature has a bit of experimental nature, so please let us know if you happen to notice some worrisome balance issues.
There’s another nice addition for players who value their time and don’t like spending it on low-level enemies during late game. If you’re sure in your army’s capabilities, you now have the opportunity to choose the autocombat option in the province’s attack dialogue, right on the strategic map — in this case the game will skip loading the tactical battle.
Update notes 1.6.0:
- New option to transfer units, items and one of the player’s heroes to the next shard.
- New autocombat option in the province’s attack dialogue on the strategic map.
- Tooltip display for item descriptions. Now additional information for items can be triggered with RMB, instead of mouse hovering.
The beta update for ‘Caribbean!’ is now up on Steam. To try it out you’ll need to choose ‘Caribbean!’ in your Games library, click on ‘Properties’, go to ‘Betas’ tab, and then select ‘Public beta’. After this Steam should update your game.
The update includes two new additions:
Some initial work has been done for one of the most wanted features. You can now assign governors for your faction’s towns to help you deter possible enemy attacks.
To find out what candidates for the job are there, you’ll need to talk a bartender in tavern. Then find and ask them yourself if they’d like to join your faction. With the next town capture, you’ll be able to assign a man suited for the job.
- Naval sieges:
Another long-awaited feature. Naval sieges consist of two stages. First, your ships and enemy’s fortress exchange cannon shots from a distance. Then, once your ships get closer, you can deploy your troops on boats and begin the fort’s assault on foot.
Press 1-3 buttons to select one of the ships.
Press F1 – to change selected ship’s position (sail closer to enemy fort or return to the initial position)
Press F2 – Deploy the selected ship’s troops on boats.
Press F3 – Deploy the troops with you on board.
To initiate a naval siege, you’ll need to have at least one ship with rank 3 or more. In the fleet menu three ships right of the player are chosen to partake in a naval siege.
We hope you’ll enjoy the update and, as usual, look forward to your feedback.Leave comment
As we took a little break from weekly updates, we thought we’d share some new screenshots with you:
The next update should arrive on Friday for the game’s Steam open beta — just to see if there are any critical problems with it. The main build should be updated for everyone next week.Leave comment
New update 1.5.6 is now available for download.
– Ability to check the unit’s current statistics and medals with RMB during post-battle rewarding.
– Terrain staying unchanged on the city screen after constructing buildings.
– Description for creatures’ eggs, that now mentions necessary building needed in order to use them.
– Buildings that should improve mood only in the capital also improved mood in all other player’s provinces.
– Spider’s web not dealing any damage.
– Players not getting the trophy after the battle during the “Adventurers returning home” event.
– Capital’s name selected in the player’s profile not being displayed in the game.
– Incorrect message reporting of one of the player’s heroes being attacked, when two of his heroes go to the enemy capital in the same turn.
– “Lord of Bones” achievement’s description.
– Conditions for getting “The Firstborn King” achievement.Leave comment
New update 1.052 is now available.
– New set of flags and banners.
– Decrease in relationship with a faction / town when killing people in taverns.
– Gaining relationship bonus after retreating from sea battles.
– Lack of morality changes after sea battles.
– Main quest’s disappearance from the log after surrendering in the storyline’s sea battle.
– Bug that prevented the storyline’s sea battle from starting when the player had good relationship with the pirate faction.
– “Tactics” skill description.
– Bug that prevented ship’s artillery from reloading and shooting after boarding fights.Leave comment
Along with the new update, today we also release our official guide for the game that we hope will prove to be quite useful both for new and experienced players.
Right now it can be viewed from the game’s Steam store page and, for your convenience, in Steam guides as well (please upvote for visibility). So if you see fellow Caribbean players in need for some answers, we’d appreciate if you could refer them to this guide. Thanks!
Update notes 1.051:
- Crew not taking any damage when its ship is on fire.
- Starting distance between ships increased a little, to give all ships an opportunity to make a formation.
- Incorrect messages in the log.
- Captured ships with destroyed sails spawning underwater at the start of naval battles.
- Some weapons not being displayed as equipped.
- Incorrect damage type listed in the description for “Hand-crafted rapier”.
- Sails HP decreasing after purchasing “Auxiliary sails” upgrade.
- The need to repair a ship’s hull after upgrading its HP percentage.
- Several text errors in tips and localization.