New beta update 1.055 is now available. To try it out you’ll need to choose ‘Caribbean!’ in your Games library, click on ‘Properties’, go to ‘Betas’ tab, and then select ‘Public beta’. After this Steam should update your game.
– Added light sources for ships’ lower decks on boarding locations.
– Contextual menu for giving orders to the player’s governors. The menu appears upon clicking RMB on a party or a town on the global map:
When you right-click on one of your towns, you’ll be able to select one of your governors to rule the selected town. Currently ruling governor won’t be shown in the list. It’s also possible to assign your character as that town’s governor.
When you click on an enemy town, you’ll be able to give an attack order to one of your governors, or all your governors at once.
When your governor receives an attack order, he won’t be distracted by any other events happening nearby, including pursuits of superior enemy troops.
When you right-lick on enemy troops, you’ll also be able to assign an attack order to one of your governors. In that case, both enemy army and your governor’s army should be within player’s sight. If there are no allied governors in sight, you’ll see the standard contextual menu.
– Ship of the Line’s cannons could damage the ship itself.
– Changes in relationships with factions after naval battles.
– Incorrect banners for allied governors’ troops.
– Renaming of the player’s governors.
– Added artillery and destruction system for land sieges.
– Added ability to give attack orders through dialogues with governors.
– Sound files were recoded into different format.
The latest update, that introduced new naval sieges and initial governor system, is now released from the beta and available for everyone.
In case you didn’t have a chance to see how sea assaults currently work, we made a quick introductory video to them. Check out the new video devblog:
We should note that you can consider the current version of naval sieges as the first one, as we’re going to further improve them based on your feedback. Other than that, enjoy the update!
Update notes 1.054:
– HP indicator for ships during naval sieges.
– Link for the game’s guide in launcher.
– Shots and fire effects in naval sieges.
– Changed probability of fires on ships during naval sieges.
– Changed dialogue for lending captured towns between player’s governors.
– Player’s governors lacking their army.
The beta update for ‘Caribbean!’ is now up on Steam. To try it out you’ll need to choose ‘Caribbean!’ in your Games library, click on ‘Properties’, go to ‘Betas’ tab, and then select ‘Public beta’. After this Steam should update your game.
The update includes two new additions:
Some initial work has been done for one of the most wanted features. You can now assign governors for your faction’s towns to help you deter possible enemy attacks.
To find out what candidates for the job are there, you’ll need to talk a bartender in tavern. Then find and ask them yourself if they’d like to join your faction. With the next town capture, you’ll be able to assign a man suited for the job.
- Naval sieges:
Another long-awaited feature. Naval sieges consist of two stages. First, your ships and enemy’s fortress exchange cannon shots from a distance. Then, once your ships get closer, you can deploy your troops on boats and begin the fort’s assault on foot.
Press 1-3 buttons to select one of the ships.
Press F1 – to change selected ship’s position (sail closer to enemy fort or return to the initial position)
Press F2 – Deploy the selected ship’s troops on boats.
Press F3 – Deploy the troops with you on board.
To initiate a naval siege, you’ll need to have at least one ship with rank 3 or more. In the fleet menu three ships right of the player are chosen to partake in a naval siege.
We hope you’ll enjoy the update and, as usual, look forward to your feedback.
As we took a little break from weekly updates, we thought we’d share some new screenshots with you:
The next update should arrive on Friday for the game’s Steam open beta — just to see if there are any critical problems with it. The main build should be updated for everyone next week.
New update 1.052 is now available.
– New set of flags and banners.
– Decrease in relationship with a faction / town when killing people in taverns.
– Gaining relationship bonus after retreating from sea battles.
– Lack of morality changes after sea battles.
– Main quest’s disappearance from the log after surrendering in the storyline’s sea battle.
– Bug that prevented the storyline’s sea battle from starting when the player had good relationship with the pirate faction.
– “Tactics” skill description.
– Bug that prevented ship’s artillery from reloading and shooting after boarding fights.
Along with the new update, today we also release our official guide for the game that we hope will prove to be quite useful both for new and experienced players.
Right now it can be viewed from the game’s Steam store page and, for your convenience, in Steam guides as well (please upvote for visibility). So if you see fellow Caribbean players in need for some answers, we’d appreciate if you could refer them to this guide. Thanks!
Update notes 1.051:
- Crew not taking any damage when its ship is on fire.
- Starting distance between ships increased a little, to give all ships an opportunity to make a formation.
- Incorrect messages in the log.
- Captured ships with destroyed sails spawning underwater at the start of naval battles.
- Some weapons not being displayed as equipped.
- Incorrect damage type listed in the description for “Hand-crafted rapier”.
- Sails HP decreasing after purchasing “Auxiliary sails” upgrade.
- The need to repair a ship’s hull after upgrading its HP percentage.
- Several text errors in tips and localization.
New update 1.050 is now available.
– Updated material change system for destroyed sails.
– Reduced starting distance between ships in naval battles.
– Ability to repair sails on ships with destroyed masts.
– Incorrect display of masts and sails on ships with low HP.
– Removed out of date perks “Recruiter” and “Sea king”.
– Ability to surrender to friendly troops.
– Some text errors.
New update 1.049 is now available.
– New visual effects for the land location ‘Marsh’.
– Some new voice lines for units (thanks Comrade Crimson).
- AI’s inability to climb back on the fortress after falling from it during sieges.
– Canceling of ‘anchor ship’ orders after boarding fights.
– Incorrect renown requirement for the ‘Grey eminence’ trait.
– Script errors during naval battles in some cases.
– Incorrect AI behavior on the ‘Marsh’ location.
– Some text fixes.
UPDATE: We should warn you that there will be no update on May 1st — this day happens to be a national holiday here in Russia. Have a nice weekend! We’ll come back next week.
New update 1.048 is coming later today.
– Two new locations for land battles: ‘Marsh’ and ‘Chapel’.
– Problems with AI behavior on recently added locations.
– Trade Galleon textures during boarding.
– Incorrect display of a larger number of traits at the party screen.
– Irrelevant descriptions for some of the traits.
– Too high ‘renown’ requirements for ‘Lucky leader’ and ‘Sea devil’ traits.
– Exceeding of a ship’s maximum ammunition after installing upgrades that can decrease cargo hold capacity.
– Lack of alternative conclusion to the first dialogue with McGonagall.
– Sieges now consist of only one phase.
– Inability to select troops on the tactical map in the second story battle.
– Inconsistency between the ‘renown’ amount shown before a battle and the amount received after it.
– Ability to use cannon while riding a horse.
– Some text fixes.
Another smaller update today as we continue working on greater things.
Update notes 1.047:
– Two new locations for land battles: ‘Fort on the hill’ and ‘Canyon’.
– Opened gate doors model for one of the siege locations.
– Ambient occlusion for ship models in sea battles.
– Collision meshes optimization for ship ramming in sea battles.
– AI freezing on the ground level of towers during sieges.
– AI attempting to attack his enemy through walls during sieges.
– Incorrect spawn of the defensive troops on one of the locations during sieges.
– Inability to walk upstairs in the tower on one of the siege locations.
– Tactical map displayed incorrectly when firing a cannon.
– Script error caused by bartender talking about captains already hired by the player.
– ‘Traveling merchant’ unit missing his weapons.