New update 1.5.6 is now available for download.
– Ability to check the unit’s current statistics and medals with RMB during post-battle rewarding.
– Terrain staying unchanged on the city screen after constructing buildings.
– Description for creatures’ eggs, that now mentions necessary building needed in order to use them.
– Buildings that should improve mood only in the capital also improved mood in all other player’s provinces.
– Spider’s web not dealing any damage.
– Players not getting the trophy after the battle during the “Adventurers returning home” event.
– Capital’s name selected in the player’s profile not being displayed in the game.
– Incorrect message reporting of one of the player’s heroes being attacked, when two of his heroes go to the enemy capital in the same turn.
– “Lord of Bones” achievement’s description.
– Conditions for getting “The Firstborn King” achievement.Leave comment
New update 1.052 is now available.
– New set of flags and banners.
– Decrease in relationship with a faction / town when killing people in taverns.
– Gaining relationship bonus after retreating from sea battles.
– Lack of morality changes after sea battles.
– Main quest’s disappearance from the log after surrendering in the storyline’s sea battle.
– Bug that prevented the storyline’s sea battle from starting when the player had good relationship with the pirate faction.
– “Tactics” skill description.
– Bug that prevented ship’s artillery from reloading and shooting after boarding fights.Leave comment
Along with the new update, today we also release our official guide for the game that we hope will prove to be quite useful both for new and experienced players.
Right now it can be viewed from the game’s Steam store page and, for your convenience, in Steam guides as well (please upvote for visibility). So if you see fellow Caribbean players in need for some answers, we’d appreciate if you could refer them to this guide. Thanks!
Update notes 1.051:
- Crew not taking any damage when its ship is on fire.
- Starting distance between ships increased a little, to give all ships an opportunity to make a formation.
- Incorrect messages in the log.
- Captured ships with destroyed sails spawning underwater at the start of naval battles.
- Some weapons not being displayed as equipped.
- Incorrect damage type listed in the description for “Hand-crafted rapier”.
- Sails HP decreasing after purchasing “Auxiliary sails” upgrade.
- The need to repair a ship’s hull after upgrading its HP percentage.
- Several text errors in tips and localization.
New update 1.050 is now available.
– Updated material change system for destroyed sails.
– Reduced starting distance between ships in naval battles.
– Ability to repair sails on ships with destroyed masts.
– Incorrect display of masts and sails on ships with low HP.
– Removed out of date perks “Recruiter” and “Sea king”.
– Ability to surrender to friendly troops.
– Some text errors.Leave comment
Not many changes this time around, so once more we’d like to ask you to post the most annoying problems you experience in the game right now.
You can do it in the comments below, on our forum or using our tech support e-mail (more preferable option, and you can send us your savegame) — firstname.lastname@example.org. We look through every message, but unfortunately we can’t always reproduce some of the issues you report. At the very least, we’ll do our best to investigate what could’ve gone wrong.
Update notes 1.5.5:
– Diagonal camera movement with Num-pad on the strategic map.
– New window with hero’s detailed information before you choose to hire him.
– Dwarf Engineer unit not getting bonuses from Commander’s “Ranged Tactics” skill.
– Game freeze caused by deleting savegames through the game’s interface.
– Unlimited rewards in a quest from “Mages’ tower”.
– Ability to shoot twice with 1 ammo when you have the “Double Shot” skill.
– Stealth ability exploit. Now it requires 5 stamina per turn.Leave comment
New update 1.049 is now available.
– New visual effects for the land location ‘Marsh’.
– Some new voice lines for units (thanks Comrade Crimson).
- AI’s inability to climb back on the fortress after falling from it during sieges.
– Canceling of ‘anchor ship’ orders after boarding fights.
– Incorrect renown requirement for the ‘Grey eminence’ trait.
– Script errors during naval battles in some cases.
– Incorrect AI behavior on the ‘Marsh’ location.
– Some text fixes.
UPDATE: We should warn you that there will be no update on May 1st — this day happens to be a national holiday here in Russia. Have a nice weekend! We’ll come back next week.Leave comment
On April 19th Eador. Masters of the Broken World will be having its two-year anniversary.
This time around we’ll be celebrating the birthday in a more modest manner, so first of all we’d really like to take this opportunity to give thanks from our team to all the fans one more time.
Huge thanks to everyone who stayed and put up with us during these two years, kept following the game and still looks forward to something more and new. Eador is the first big and thus very complicated project for us. That’s why it was so vital to have the luxury of your feedback, suggestions and, last but not least, your support for such an important first step. For all of this we’re very grateful.
We hope that we’ll be able to fuel your enthusiasm with some announcements in the near future. For now though, we can at least promise a new update for the game coming next week (UPDATE: it’s taking a bit longer, but it’s still coming soon!).
By the way, on this occasion Eador. MotBW, Eador. Genesis and Allied Forces DLC will be available with a nice 85% discount on Steam till Sunday. We think it’s a great opportunity to try a pretty good strategy game for those who’ve yet to come around to it.Leave comment
New update 1.048 is coming later today.
– Two new locations for land battles: ‘Marsh’ and ‘Chapel’.
– Problems with AI behavior on recently added locations.
– Trade Galleon textures during boarding.
– Incorrect display of a larger number of traits at the party screen.
– Irrelevant descriptions for some of the traits.
– Too high ‘renown’ requirements for ‘Lucky leader’ and ‘Sea devil’ traits.
– Exceeding of a ship’s maximum ammunition after installing upgrades that can decrease cargo hold capacity.
– Lack of alternative conclusion to the first dialogue with McGonagall.
– Sieges now consist of only one phase.
– Inability to select troops on the tactical map in the second story battle.
– Inconsistency between the ‘renown’ amount shown before a battle and the amount received after it.
– Ability to use cannon while riding a horse.
– Some text fixes.Leave comment
Another smaller update today as we continue working on greater things.
Update notes 1.047:
– Two new locations for land battles: ‘Fort on the hill’ and ‘Canyon’.
– Opened gate doors model for one of the siege locations.
– Ambient occlusion for ship models in sea battles.
– Collision meshes optimization for ship ramming in sea battles.
– AI freezing on the ground level of towers during sieges.
– AI attempting to attack his enemy through walls during sieges.
– Incorrect spawn of the defensive troops on one of the locations during sieges.
– Inability to walk upstairs in the tower on one of the siege locations.
– Tactical map displayed incorrectly when firing a cannon.
– Script error caused by bartender talking about captains already hired by the player.
– ‘Traveling merchant’ unit missing his weapons.Leave comment
There will actually be only one ‘note’ in today’s update. However, it’s a pretty important one.
This week we’ve decided to improve the tactical map for land battles. Judging by your feedback, controlling armies in a separate screen was a bit confusing, often disorientating and, as a result, it didn’t always fulfill its mission successfully, which was to provide more interesting tactical options in battles. We couldn’t really disagree with that, so that’s why the new version of battle planning interface looks like this:
As you can see, abstract minimalism of battles between green and red dots is a thing of the past. Now when you press ‘Backspace’, you will not only see the current locations of both your and enemy troops on the map, but also get an eye bird’s view of the whole land battle location, all in one place.
You won’t have to take a guess of your troops’ approximate position changes anymore. For example, if you want to move your range troop to a higher position, just place the icon on the hill you want — the controls stayed the same as they were.
We hope you’ll like the new tactical map. And as always, any comments suggesting any improvements in this regard are welcome, so please feel free to speak your mind.Leave comment